How to Repair & Renew Your Brain Health
A blow to the head from a fall, car accident, football tackle (or other sports trauma), domestic violence or combat injury can muddle your mind and memory.
Your brain is very delicate, like the consistency of soft butter, and is protected by a hard skull with multiple sharp, bony ridges. Even a minor blow to the head, without a loss of consciousness, may result in a brain injury that can negatively impact the rest of your life.
Suffering a head trauma can significantly decrease your brain function. Even though brain damage can be repaired over time, a brain that’s never been damaged is the best option for living a high-quality life. However, should anything happen to your brain, the road to recovery will be shorter if you start off with a healthy brain.
While some people display warning signs immediately following a hit to the head, others don’t develop symptoms until weeks or even months later. The result of this delay is that the underlying cause of the complaints is often forgotten. Here are some of the most common complications associated with mild to moderate head trauma:
- Difficulty with concentration and paying attention
- Memory problems
- Difficulty with word finding
- Mental and/or physical fatigue
- Sleep problems
- Sensitivity to noise and/or light
- Anger outbursts
- Social isolation
- Vision problems
- Balance problems
Many people who’ve experienced a head injury will try almost anything to get help for their brain. One of the best ways to promote the healing process is with brain directed supplements. At the foundation of every vitamin regimen should be a high-purity, clinically researched multivitamin. At BrainMD, we’re proud to recommend…
Vitamins and essential minerals are the “nuts and bolts” of human biochemistry – they are indispensable to the structure and functioning of the enzymes that keep us alive, alert, and mentally competent.
BrainMD’s NeuroVite Plus combines more than 50 vitamins, essential minerals, conditionally-essential nutrients and plant extracts, in their most active forms to provide you with whole body-mind nutrition that far exceeds the quality of drugstore multivitamins.
5 Benefits of NeuroVite Plus
Though the benefits of this dynamic, broad-spectrum multivitamin are numerous, NeuroVite Plus can support your daily health by:
- Nourishing your body’s cells, tissues and organs with a wide range of essential and conditionally essential nutrients, which are vital for energy, health and survival.
- Going beyond other multiples to further promote optimal brain function with potent phytonutrients that help sustain brain cells.
- Supporting the health of each organ system with the full range of vitamins, essential dietary minerals, lutein and zeaxanthin for the eyes, resveratrol and hesperidin for circulation, coenzyme Q10 (“CoQ”) for the heart.
- Shoring up the body’s defenses with the antioxidant vitamins C and E, the essential minerals zinc, selenium, and manganese, the conditionally essential alpha lipoic acid, CoQ along with lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Including a careful selection of beneficial food concentrates, as well as digestive enzymes to help ensure proper digestion and absorption.
In addition to a quality multivitamin, here are 6 of the best ways to repair and renew your brain:
Practice Brain Safety
Since there’s an increased risk associated with multiple hits to the head, do everything you can to take care of your brain. Even though protecting your head should be a no-brainer, it’s helpful to be reminded of some practical brain safety tips that can reduce your risk of head trauma, such as: avoid high-risk sports where you can hit your head, remember to wear a seatbelt when in a vehicle and always wear a helmet when on a motorcycle, bicycle, skateboard, snowboard, skis or rollerblades.
Step It Up
Exercise is perhaps the single most important thing you can do to keep your brain healthy. Physical activity can boost blood flow and other positive nutrients to the brain, increase your levels of dopamine and generate new brain cells. Walking can help clear your mind, improve your mood and burn some calories all at the same time.
Every system in the human body needs water to function. Your brain is 80% water, so avoid anything that dehydrates it – such as caffeine or alcohol. Being dehydrated by just 2% impairs performance in tasks that require attention, immediate memory skills, and physical performance.
Alcohol is not a health food and should be used in moderation. Even one glass of beer or wine per day can negatively affect the brain and body. Never drive under the influence of alcohol. This also applies to prescription medications, which can impair your ability to drive.
Balanced Blood Sugar
Keep your blood sugar balanced throughout the day with healthy snacks, green tea, and vitamins and nutrients. Low blood sugar levels are associated with lower overall blood flow to the brain, poor impulse control, irritability, and bad decisions.
Good sleep is essential for optimal brain and body health. Sleep helps repair and renew all the cells in the body. It gives the brain a chance to wash away toxins that build up during the day. It’s recommended that you get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
At BrainMD, we provide premium ingredients for a premium life. For more information about NeuroVite Plus and our full catalog of brain healthy supplements, visit us at BrainMD.
Keith is grateful to have the opportunity to write about supplements since many of them have made a dramatic difference in his life. He is often heard around the office saying, “We have supplements for that.”
Latest posts by Keith Rowe
- 7 Quick & Easy Ways to Balance Your Life - April 18, 2019
- 5 Tips for Boosting Your Attention the Natural Way - April 5, 2019
- 7 of the Best Ways to Keep Your Relationships Positive - April 3, 2019