SAMe Mood and Movement 400
High-Energy Metabolic Factor, Highest Purity and Stability Available
Promotes Positive Mood
S-AdenosylMethionine (SAMe) occurs naturally in our cells and has been intensively researched. This small molecule has a huge energy charge that powers over 200 enzymes necessary for healthy cell growth, maturation, and specialization. In the brain, SAMe is required for nerve cells to make energy, maintain connectivity, and generate mood-related neurotransmitters. Data from numerous clinical trials indicate SAMe strongly promotes positive mood.
Premier Source of All-Important METHYL, and SULFUR
SAMe's ultra-energized methyl group drives enzyme transformations of DNA, amino acids, proteins, fatty acids, phospholipids, polyamines, and numerous other metabolic factors that make us human. SAMe also carries energized sulfur, a mineral essential for antioxidant defense, for many metabolic pathways, and for the structural integrity of collagen and other proteins.
Promotes Joint Comfort and Mobility
In controlled clinical trials, SAMe has consistently improved human joint health, including joint comfort and mobility. Freedom of movement promotes more positive mood, and taking SAMe promotes both. This product helps maintain the body's SAMe supplies, which are subject to depletion by pharmaceutical use, toxins, or metabolic decline associated with aging.
Supports Liver Health
The liver is the main organ that makes SAMe, to keep up with the body's high need for it. Dietary insufficiencies, medications and toxins can deplete the body's SAMe reserves and further challenge the liver's capacity to make enough SAMe. But also, SAMe metabolism is tightly linked with antioxidant metabolism so that factors which drain our antioxidants also can "burn" our SAMe, and vice versa. Supplementing with SAMe Mood & Movement helps protect both liver and whole-body health.
Dr. Amen talks about SAMe Mood and Movement
Get out and move with healthy joints and better moods
Don't take it from us! Listen to these happy customers.
WOWWW... it works!!! :)
No noticable difference
It's the best! I love it!
An immediate improvement.
Helped my joint pain in my hips!
I like the supplement and would recommend it. I take several other supplements in addition to this one and find them to be very high quality.
Ingredients & Facts
SAMe (S-AdenosylMethionine) has been intensively researched for over half a century. Numerous controlled clinical trials support its benefits for mood, cognition, the joints, the liver, the gastrointestinal system, and the other organs. SAMe's high-energy methyl and sulfate groups feed into a great web of metabolic networks that range from DNA production and repair to gene regulation, mitochondrial energy generation, melatonin hormone production, neurotransmitter generation, nerve cell insulation, structural collagen in the joints and other connective tissues, liver detoxification, antioxidant defense, and healthy immune response. Supplementing with the blister-packed tablets in SAME Mood & Movement provides the S,S form of SAMe preferred by our enzymes, and helps ensure the body will have adequate SAMe for its needs. For even better results, try combining this product with Betaine TMG (coming soon) from BrainMD Health. This triple-methyl group nutrient is clinically proven to boost SAMe's brain benefits.
“Several studies have shown that SAMe can be beneficial and might be as effective as some prescription medications used to help with mood. Some research also shows that taking SAMe might be helpful for people who do not have a good response to a prescription antidepressant.”
–U.S. National Library of Medicine
Promotes positive mood and emotional balance. Supports joint health and movement. Enhances energy levels without caffeine.
SAMe is a derivative of the amino acid methionine that is formed when methionine combines with adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the major source of cellular energy. SAMe is a naturally occurring molecule that serves as a major methyl donor, which is how the body protects itself on a cellular level. SAMe supports dopamine and norepinephrine synthesis in the central nervous system. Maintaining adequate levels of these foundational neurotransmitters is essential in supporting a balanced mood. Several recent randomized controlled trials have demonstrated the efficacy of SAMe in promoting a healthy mood when compared to common mood enhancing therapies or placebo.1-5 It has been demonstrated to be effective when used in combination with 5-methyltetrahyrofolate, a key foundational nutrient in neurotransmitter synthesis.2 It has also been shown to improve memory related cognitive impairment when used as an adjunct therapy in those with mood issues.3 SAMe is beneficial for joints and the connective tissue and has been shown to be effective in supporting movement and joint flexibility.6,7
- Sarris J, Papakostas GI, Vitolo O, Fava M, Mischoulon D. S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe) versus escitalopram and placebo in major depression RCT: efficacy and effects of histamine and carnitine as moderators of response. J Affect Disord. Aug 2014;164:76-81.
- Papakostas GI, Cassiello CF, Iovieno N. Folates and S-adenosylmethionine for major depressive disorder. Can J Psychiatry. Jul 2012;57(7):406-413.
- Levkovitz Y, Alpert JE, Brintz CE, Mischoulon D, Papakostas GI. Effects of S-adenosylmethionine augmentation of serotonin-reuptake inhibitor antidepressants on cognitive symptoms of major depressive disorder. J Affect Disord. Feb 2012;136(3):1174-1178.
- Papakostas GI. Evidence for S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM-e) for the treatment of major depressive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009;70 Suppl 5:18-22.
- Williams AL, Girard C, Jui D, Sabina A, Katz DL. S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) as treatment for depression: a systematic review. Clinical and investigative medicine. Medecine clinique et experimentale. Jun 2005;28(3):132-139.
- De Silva V, El-Metwally A, Ernst E, et al. Evidence for the efficacy of complementary and alternative medicines in the management of osteoarthritis: a systematic review. Rheumatology. May 2011;50(5):911-920.
- Najm WI, Reinsch S, Hoehler F, Tobis JS, Harvey PW. S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe) versus celecoxib for the treatment of osteoarthritis symptoms: a double-blind cross-over trial. [ISRCTN36233495]. BMC musculoskeletal disorders. Feb 26 2004;5:6.