Completely natural sleep support that won’t leave you groggy.
Sleep deprivation can really mess with your health
If you’re not getting the recommended seven to nine hours that healthy brains need to function, you’re setting yourself up for a host of issues. When you are sleep-deprived, blood flow to your brain drops, and you are much more likely to make bad decisions.
In fascinating new research, scientists discovered that the brain has a special “waste management system” that works while you sleep to get rid of toxins. This includes the brain plaque thought to contribute to age-related memory issues. Without healthy sleep, the cleaning crew does not have enough time to do their job and trash build-ups, causing brain fog and memory problems.
Restful Sleep contains melatonin to keep you asleep throughout the night. It also includes the calming neurotransmitter GABA, as well as magnesium, Vitamin B6 and valerian. Together, these nutrients produce a soothing, sedative effect that helps relax your body and mind and ease you into peaceful sleep.
Great brain product!
Great sleep aid
Sweet sweet deep sleep:)
Super helpful with sleep
Not a "good fit" for me
Excellent success with Restful Sleep
Excellent sleep product!
Works Reliably, Gently and Affordably
First product I have ever used that fulfills the product description
I have had either short term or no success trying other products.
Restful Sleep has provided me with uninterrupted sleep cycle feeling fresh and prepared for the day when I wake up in the morning .
Didn't work for me
Love restful sleep, get it every month, one of my favorites!! IT WORKS
The best that I’ve tried
I am sleeping so much better now!
Try it out for yourself
I wish it would have worked
Good but not great
The best goodnight sleep in a bottle.
Try it you will not regret it
Resting easy now...
I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in years and feel like I FINALLY found something that helps me sleep well and not feel hung over the next day. The fact that its not addictive makes me feel good about taking it. Thank you! Zzzzzzz...
Totally Ineffective and useless
I love this and always make sure I don't run out.
Don't get up in middle of the night anymore
Everyone should give this a try if you have trouble sleeping!
Relaxing & resting is easier now
Suffering for a long time - this product is a life saver
I wake up feeling well-rested, clear-headed, and energized!
Finally able to sleep!
Helps with son's sleep
I love this product! Very effective and calming!
This is the only product that HELPS!
Doesn't work for one family member; works for another
This really works
do give it a try it can change your life!
Excellent Night Sleep!
Helping my son
Did not work and one bottle only last 15 days.
Marvelous Sleep Supplement
I hope to never go without this product!
Better than wine for sleep
I highly recommend this product to anyone who has trouble falling or staying asleep.
It is a life saver!!
Great product. It works!
Definitely a blessing!
I'm sleeping like a baby!!
Helps my child sleep
Just what I was looking for!
No more counting sheep it puts me fast asleep
A full night's sleep at last!
In desperation, I began researching and discovered this Restful Sleep formula of Dr. Amen’s and decided to try it. The effects for me were immediate and wonderful. I wanted to wait at least a month before writing a review, just in case something changed. Now, I can honestly say that every night I have taken this supplement, I have gone to sleep easily, slept through the night restfully and got in a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep every single night! No exceptions. I will continue to order this supplement for as long as they offer it.
Thank you, Dr. Amen!
I recommend this product .
take it If you can't sleep, like me!! It works!!!.:
Helping me greatly with my sleep!
Finally real Restful Sleep again!
Love this product!! Best natural sleep aide I have ever tried.
Sleeping all night
Didn't work for me
I give Restful Sleep rave reviews!
A fabulous sleep product!
I purchase it regularly.
Solved my issue with sleeping
Will never be without this product!
I recommend Restful Sleep
Restful Sleep is a fantastic combination of just the right ingredients for a great nights sleep. I will never be without it!
Restful Sleep Delivers RS
Only needs 2 pills. Even when I don' t get to bed early, I am not dragging in the mornings.
YES...Sleeping like a baby!
First 4 capsules!
Restful Sleep works!
Does what it says - naturally.
Restful Sleep Now Every Night
This is a product I will always use as it is THE best I have ever used.
I wish it was a bit cheaper, but it is worth it.
Restful is right! ZZZZZZZ
It's the BEST for a good night's sleep
Welcome to a good night's sleep
I really like Restful Sleep and it works very well for me
An excellent product
Used several different sleep supplements, nothing worked like this.
Fall asleep gently.
It was a great deal!
This supplement is PHENOMENAL!
Not only does it quiet and calm the chatter of a busy mind when you first lay down but it gives you a good, deep, solid, sleep ALL through the night AND DOES NOT give you that "sleep hangover" that most other supplements do.
You feel refreshed and well rested the next morning. I highly recommend this supplement to my client's and everyone that has any type of challenge sleeping.
A "must-have" for my OCD child
Great Sleep Aid
The best natural sleep
Calms the Brain So You Can Sleep!
Restful Sleep gives you exactly that!
Ingredients & Facts
Restful Sleep’s five ingredients help you fall asleep, stay asleep and enjoy a better quality of sleep.
Also known as pyridoxine, helps with the production of neurotransmitters (serotonin, epinephrine, norepinephrine, GABA), which need to be balanced for healthy sleep. It helps promote relaxation and enhances your mood.
Known as "the relaxation mineral," magnesium plays an important role in hydration, muscle relaxation, energy production, deactivation of adrenaline and sleep. It helps calm brain neurons, helps initiate sleep and enhances overall sleep quality.
Gamma-amino-butyric acid (GABA) is an amino acid and neurotransmitter which inhibits excessive firing of neurons, resulting in a sense of calm. Supports the body’s natural mechanism for quieting the mind.
An herb used traditionally for centuries its calming and sleep-inducing effects. Valerian may work through the GABA receptors, which calm brain activity when activated. It supports deep, restful, quality sleep.
Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate your sleep/wake cycle. The aging process, traveling through time zones and certain medications can all affect melatonin production and wreak havoc on your sleep. Melatonin promotes restful sleep and healthy sleep patterns.
|Serving Size 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container 15
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI,
|Magnesium (as glycinate and malate)||100 mg||25%|
|GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric acid)||750 mg||†|
|Valerian Extract (min 0.8% [4.8 mg] valerenic acid)
(Valeriana officinalis, root)
|Melatonin (immediate release)||5 mg||†|
|† Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Vegetable cellulose (vegetarian capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica.
Free from milk/dairy, gluten, wheat, yeast, eggs, corn, artificial colors, or flavoring.
Dr. Amen talks about Restful Sleep
Restful Sleep delivers my most effective, recommended nutrients to ease you to sleep every night
Sleep is essential for healthy brain function. Restful sleep uses a combination of nutrients that support the regulation of circadian rhythms which will promote an enhanced quality of sleep and reduce daytime fatigue.
Magnesium is a natural N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist (NMDA) and GABA agonist that is an important regulator of sleep. In two double-blind randomized clinical trial of insomnia in the elderly, supplementation of magnesium effectively improved sleep efficiency and sleep time when used alone1 or in combination with melatonin and zinc.2 Low magnesium levels have been associated with chronic inflammatory stress and sleep deprivation.3 Oral magnesium supplementation has been show to reverse endocrine changes related to poor sleep quality. 4
- Abbasi B, Kimiagar M, Sadeghniiat K, Shirazi MM, Hedayati M, Rashidkhani B. The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of research in medical sciences : the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Dec 2012;17(12):1161-1169.
- Rondanelli M, Opizzi A, Monteferrario F, Antoniello N, Manni R, Klersy C. The effect of melatonin, magnesium, and zinc on primary insomnia in long-term care facility residents in Italy: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Am Geriatr Soc. Jan 2011;59(1):82-90.
- Nielsen FH, Johnson LK, Zeng H. Magnesium supplementation improves indicators of low magnesium status and inflammatory stress in adults older than 51 years with poor quality sleep. Magnesium research : official organ of the International Society for the Development of Research on Magnesium. Dec 2010;23(4):158-168.
- Held K, Antonijevic IA, Kunzel H, et al. Oral Mg(2+) supplementation reverses age-related neuroendocrine and sleep EEG changes in humans. Pharmacopsychiatry. Jul 2002;35(4):135-143.
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a perennial plant native to Europe and Asia used therapeutically for its calming effects. The mechanism of action behind the sedative properties of valerian is through activation of the GABA receptors,1 which results in the release of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA in the synaptic cleft. More recent evidence supports its effect on adenosine and 5HT-5a receptors2,3 which are located in a region of the brain involved in regulating the circadian system.Valerian has been shown to ameliorate sleep issues in menopausal women.4 Meta-analysis on several randomized clinical trials support the use of valerian for improvement of sleep quality, although caution is involved in interpreting the results due to differences in methodology.5,6 The use of valerian to restore healthy sleep habits and calm has been reported since the times of ancient Greece and Rome and the therapeutic uses of valerian for insomnia were described by Hippocrates.
- Santos MS, Ferreira F, Cunha AP, Carvalho AP, Ribeiro CF, Macedo T. Synaptosomal GABA release as influenced by valerian root extract--involvement of the GABA carrier. Archives internationales de pharmacodynamie et de therapie. Mar-Apr 1994;327(2):220-231.
- Dietz BM, Mahady GB, Pauli GF, Farnsworth NR. Valerian extract and valerenic acid are partial agonists of the 5-HT5a receptor in vitro. Brain research. Molecular brain research. Aug 18 2005;138(2):191-197.
- Schumacher B, Scholle S, Holzl J, Khudeir N, Hess S, Muller CE. Lignans isolated from valerian: identification and characterization of a new olivil derivative with partial agonistic activity at A(1) adenosine receptors. Journal of natural products. Oct 2002;65(10):1479-1485.
- Taavoni S, Nazem Ekbatani N, Haghani H. Valerian/lemon balm use for sleep disorders during menopause. Complementary therapies in clinical practice. Nov 2013;19(4):193-196.
- Fernandez-San-Martin MI, Masa-Font R, Palacios-Soler L, Sancho-Gomez P, Calbo-Caldentey C, Flores-Mateo G. Effectiveness of Valerian on insomnia: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Sleep medicine. Jun 2010;11(6):505-511.
- Bent S, Padula A, Moore D, Patterson M, Mehling W. Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The American journal of medicine. Dec 2006;119(12):1005-1012.
GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid is an amino acid that regulates excitability of the brain through GABA receptors. It is essential for brain metabolism and functions to decrease neuronal activity and inhibit nerve cells from excess firing. GABA has mild relaxation properties and can enhance mood and support sleep. Clinical studies on GABA are limited but electroencephalogram (EEG) studies demonstrate the efficacy of GABA supplementation on increasing alpha band brain wave function, which serves to induce relaxation and alleviate stress.1,2
- Yoto A, Motoki M, Murao S, Yokogoshi H. Effects of L-theanine or caffeine intake on changes in blood pressure under physical and psychological stresses. Journal of physiological anthropology. 2012;31:28.
- Abdou AM, Higashiguchi S, Horie K, Kim M, Hatta H, Yokogoshi H. Relaxation and immunity enhancement effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration in humans. Biofactors. 2006;26(3):201-208.
Melatonin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the pineal gland in response to light and dark and is an important regulator of the sleep cycle in the body. Melatonin supplementation helps you to get to sleep quicker as well as to improve sleep duration throughout the night. It has potent antioxidant properties1 functioning to reduce oxidative stress within the nervous system2 and enhance immune function. Melatonin regulates circadian rhythms and research supports its efficacy as a sleep aid in individuals with poor sleep quality and daytime fatigue.1-3 Chronic sleep deprivation can result in impairments in immunity and cognition with research supporting the use of melatonin in restoring these functions through its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.4,5 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trials have shown the impact of melatonin on improving sleep quality and mood.6 This hormone naturally declines with age making it an essential nutrient to promote a restful sleep.
- Adamczyk-Sowa M, Pierzchala K, Sowa P, et al. Melatonin acts as antioxidant and improves sleep in MS patients. Neurochem Res. Aug 2014;39(8):1585-1593.
- Polimeni G, Esposito E, Bevelacqua V, Guarneri C, Cuzzocrea S. Role of melatonin supplementation in neurodegenerative disorders. Frontiers in bioscience. 2014;19:429-446.
- Scheer FA, Morris CJ, Garcia JI, et al. Repeated melatonin supplementation improves sleep in hypertensive patients treated with beta-blockers: a randomized controlled trial. Sleep. Oct 2012;35(10):1395-1402.
- Alzoubi KH, Mayyas FA, Khabour OF, Bani Salama FM, Alhashimi FH, Mhaidat NM. Chronic Melatonin Treatment Prevents Memory Impairment Induced by Chronic Sleep Deprivation. Molecular neurobiology. Jun 18 2015.
- Kwon KJ, Lee EJ, Kim MK, et al. The potential role of melatonin on sleep deprivation-induced cognitive impairments: Implication of FMRP on cognitive function. Neuroscience. Aug 20 2015;301:403-414.
- Chen WY, Giobbie-Hurder A, Gantman K, et al. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of melatonin on breast cancer survivors: impact on sleep, mood, and hot flashes. Breast cancer research and treatment. Jun 2014;145(2):381-388.