In this completely revised and updated edition of the breakthrough bestseller, you'll see scientific evidence that your anxiety, depression, anger, obsessiveness, or impulsiveness could be related to how specific structures in your brain work. You're not stuck with the brain you're born with. Renowned neuropsychiatrist Dr. Daniel Amen includes cutting-edge research and the latest surprising, effective "brain prescriptions" that can help heal your brain and change your life:
- To quell anxiety and panic: Use simple breathing techniques to immediately calm inner turmoil
- To fight depression: Learn how to kill ANTs (automatic negative thoughts)
- To curb anger: Follow the Amen anti-anger diet and learn the nutrients that calm rage
- To conquer impulsiveness and learn to focus: Develop total focus with the One-Page Miracle
- To stop obsessive worrying: Follow the "get unstuck" writing exercise and learn other problem-solving exercises
Don't take it from us! Listen to these happy customers.
This book has given me motivation. Very insightful, detailed, inspirational piece of work.
A must read
Great introduction to this information. Easy to read and understand. Great book to share with those you care about.
An essential book for every person who wants to live a life of wellbeing.
This book should be in every household. I truly believe that Dr. Amen is the first Specialist who actually looks at the ENTIRE person and attempts to treat each individual with a sense of compassion, hope and proven remedies. He is the real deal. And that is good news for all of us!
Dr. Daniel explains in a practical way how the brain works and how to optimize it and improve our health, lives and relationships. Very useful!
a facinating read!
After reading the newly published book, The Brain Warrior's Way, which I got from my library, I wanted to know more about Dr. Amen's work. I purchased this book and will refer to it often. What really got me thinking was about the possible brain injuries that may have occurred in the past, ones that we don't even remember or think about. The fact that the brain can heal is truly fascinating as long as we have "brain envy" and become warriors for our brain health!
This book is amazing!
by Aaron Doiron