While the holidays can indeed be magical and full of warmth as we spend time with family and close friends, it’s more evident than ever that they also come with a dark under belly of expectations and pressures that can cause stress. Not fun!
Unaddressed, these forces have the power to steal your joy and trigger unproductive behaviors, which can absolutely ruin a holiday.
Yet, with a nutritional support plan in place, and some awareness, you can navigate the holidays with calm and enjoy the pleasures they have to offer.
The Perfect “Stress” Storm
At holiday time, we’re at the mercy of many stress-causing influences.
Let’s look at a few.
- Even before Thanksgiving arrives, we are blitzed with media images depicting unrealistic portrayals of happy, affluent families in holiday settings. Who are these people? And where does this really exist?!
- School breaks mean unstructured time for children—and often additional stress for parents! Children tend to act out at this time of year due to sensory overload from all the excitement and expectations of the season as well as too many sugary treats.
- The holidays put a very real demand on our time and energy in order to make it all happen. Stressful!
- Without a doubt, there’s mounting financial pressure to meet the increased expenses that go along with gift giving, holiday entertaining and travel!
It’s accurate to say that stress figures prominently in the holiday experience!
What do stressed out people do? Unfortunately, too often, they self-medicate—with alcohol, drugs or food, which only serve to temporarily relieve the issue, but make stress worse in the long run.
A better solution is to take a brain-directed nutritional approach, such as BrainMD Health’s Everyday Stress Relief, the perfect stress support supplement for daily living!
Everyday Stress Relief’s combination of L-theanine, holy basil, magnesium and Relora®, is designed to:
- Promote calm without drowsiness
- Support mental focus
- Provide adrenal support
L-theanine, a clinically proven amino acid found in green tea, and holy basil, a treasured adaptogen in Ayurvedic medicine, help to support healthy cortisol levels in the body. Combined with magnesium, the “relaxation” mineral, these natural ingredients promote calm while supporting focus.
Relora is an efficacious clinically studied proprietary blend of extracts of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense. It may help to support healthy cortisol levels in the body, which tend to rise under stress, while promoting calm and improved mood states, according to clinical research.
A placebo-controlled study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition measured both mood and cortisol levels of moderately healthy individuals having received Relora compared to placebo over a four-week period. The researchers concluded, “the results indicate that daily supplementation with a combination of Magnolia bark extract and Phellodendron bark extract (Relora®) reduces cortisol exposure and perceived daily stress, while improving a variety of mood state parameters, including lower fatigue and higher vigor.”
Everyday Stress Relief!
Remember this Thanksgiving, instead of being stressed out, calm your stress and enjoy your loved ones.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy, brain-healthy Thanksgiving!
Kalman, DS, et al. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutr J. 2008 Apr 21;7:11.
Talbott, SM, et al. Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 7;10(1):37.
Latest posts by BrainMD Life (see all)
- Do You Know the Best Ways to Ensure a Healthy Pregnancy? - March 7, 2019
- 4 Immune Boosting Supplements to Take in the Winter - January 30, 2019
- The Best Natural Ways to Increase Serotonin | BrainMD - January 20, 2019