Focus and Energy
Enjoy Consistent Energy, Better Mental Focus, and Improved Concentration.
If you’re looking for a smoother “pick me up,” Focus and Energy naturally supports your body’s energy level with caffeine-free green tea, choline and the special adaptogens Rhodiola, ashwagandha, and ginseng.
And unlike the energy blast some of us get from our go-to daily stimulants (coffee, diet soda, caffeine pills), there is no mood-thudding crash. We call it clean energy!
Multi-Mechanism Formula with Adaptogens
The formula’s effectiveness is based on its exclusive combination of energizing herbs and adaptogens. Adaptogens are a class of herbs that help your body adapt to environmental, physical, and emotional stressors and help protect against the draining effects of stress.
These specially selected nutrients work through multiple mechanisms to support enhanced mental focus and sustained energy. Plus, Focus and Energy is safe, natural and non-habit forming.
Dr. Amen talks about Focus and Energy
Discover the effective nutrients you can take for better mental and physical energy
Don't take it from us! Listen to these happy customers.
Sharp and focused throughout the day.
I keep this on my desk at work!
Well worth the price, considering I don't have to pay for so much coffee each day. I love that I just feel steady energy without crashing.
Keeping my life orderly with Focus
Now, one year later I'm feeling SO much better and stronger in every way. A month ago I ran out of the Focus and didn't bother to order it, thinking I probably didn't really need it anymore.
I was SO wrong. At first I didn't know why I was finding myself wandering from task to task without completing anything. Mornings lost their luster, for I was in a fog that hadn't bothered me for many months.
I looked at all I was doing...and not doing... and realized I was no longer taking the Focus. Could it be that!?!
I have started taking it again and my ability to maneuver from task to task is improving! I definitely know it is helping me! I am doing so much better overall, now that it is easier to experience which things are truly beneficial.
I highly recommend Focus if it has been suggested for you. Or maybe you just sense that it is something you want to try.
Ingredients & Facts
A staple in Asian culture, green tea (Camellia sinensis) supports healthy blood vessels and increased blood flow to the brain.
Choline is essential in the formation of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that plays an important role in mental function. Choline enhances focus and the ability to concentrate; supports healthy memory; and promotes calm.
Used for centuries in ayurvedic medicine, Sensoril ashwagandha is an adaptogen that supports the body’s healthy response to stress by promoting calm and overall mental focus. Ashwagandha has also been associated with improved memory and attention.
One of the best studied and most potent fast-acting adaptogens. Rhodiola has been shown to help improve physical and mental performance, fight fatigue, and support a positive mood. It also helps to increase the availability of energy during the day and promote restful sleep.
Panax ginseng, also known as Asian ginseng, is a potent adaptogen with a long history of traditional use. Ginseng contains naturally occurring ginsenosides, which play a role in well-being, mental focus, and sharpened memory by promoting the release of nitric oxide, which opens up blood vessels and improves blood flow to your brain and muscles.
Everyone feels fatigued or unfocused at one time or another. Focus and Energy was designed to counter fatigue, promote mental sharpness, and improve productivity. This supplement provides a high potency green tea extract to enhance oxygen and nutrient delivery to the brain, along with three powerful plant adaptogens, medicinal herbs that enhance mind and body capacity to fight fatigue and adapt to stress. It also provides choline, a vitamin-like nutrient that supports endurance and overall vigor.
The premier ingredients in Focus and Energy are validated for their safety and breakthrough brain benefits by clinical trials, other human studies, traditional medicinal use, and an abundance of other research.
Green Tea Extract, Decaffeinated
Clinical and other scientific research has confirmed green tea's stellar reputation not only for sharpening the mental faculties and promoting relaxation but for numerous additional health benefits.1-7 Green tea concentrated extracts are rich in polyphenols, which include EGCG (Epi-Gallo-Catechin-Gallate) and other catechins. Besides being powerful antioxidants, these green tea polyphenols (GTP) are versatile metabolic regulators8,9 that promote healthy mood and cognitive performance.3-6 Powerful meta-analyses (analyses of data pooled from multiple clinical trials) document that GTP improve blood vessel tone—healthy contraction and relaxation—to enhance blood delivery to the brain and other organs.7,10,11 Other meta-analyses indicate they help maintain other important cardiovascular factors including healthy blood pressure,7,11 cholesterol12 and blood glucose,13 all of which further support brain health. Preliminary clinical findings from Japan suggest GTP supplementation can improve cognition in the elderly.5 This supplement supplies a hefty 600 mg per day of total green tea extract, which includes at least 570 mg of GTP, 270 mg of EGCG and no caffeine.
- Kuriyama S, Shimazu T, Ohmori K, others. JAMA 2006;296(10):1255-65.
- Suliburska J, Bogdanski P, Szulinska M, others. Biol Trace Elem Res 2012;149:315-22.
- Zhang Q, Yang H, Wang J, others. Nutr J 2013;12:84 (7 pages).
- Niu K, Hozawa A, Kuriyama S, others. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;90:1615-22.
- Ide K, Yamada H, Takuma N, others. Nutrients 2014;6:4032-42.
- Kuriyama S, Hozawa A, Ohmori K, others. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;83(2):355-61
- Shen L, Song L, Hong MA, others. J Zhejiang Univ-Sci B (Biomed & Biotechnol) 2012;13(8):652-62.
- Moosavi F, Hosseini R, Saso L, Firuzi O. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2016;10:23-42.
- Gomez-Pinilla F, Nguyen TTJ. Nutr Neurosci 2012;15(3):127-33.
- Ras RT, Zock PL, Draijer R. PLoS ONE 2011;6(3):e16974 (9 pages).
- Peng X, Zhou R, Wang B, others. Scientific Reports 2014;4:6251 (7 pages).
- Zheng XX, Lu YL, Li SH, others. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;94:601-10.
- Liu K, Zhou R, Wang B, others. Am J Clin Nutr 2013;98:340-8.
Ashwagandha Sensoril® Extract
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, “Indian Ginseng”) is an Ayurvedic Indian adaptogen in use for thousands for years, primarily as a brain tonic for children as well as adults.1 Ashwagandha is also superb for coping with stress and occasional anxiety, while helping the adrenal glands and liver cope with physical challenges and toxic chemical exposures.1,2 Sensoril® is a patented ashwagandha concentrate, made without chemical solvents and standardized to 10 percent withania glycosides. In controlled clinical trials, Sensoril® improved fatigue, forgetfulness, irritability, dry mouth, occasional anxiety, and sleep quality.3 Cognitively, Sensoril® improved auditory-verbal working memory4 and mental reaction time5. Sensoril® helped protect the brain by lowering CRP (C-Reactive Protein) and improving blood antioxidant status.3,6 Sensoril® also improved blood stress hormone levels, stabilized blood pressure, and helped maintain cholesterol and glucose within their normal ranges.3,7 Focus and Energy provides a clinical dose of this high-potency ashwagandha concentrate to promote mental sharpness and physical endurance in the face of stress.
- Singh N, Bhalla M, de Jager P, Gilca M. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 2011;8(5 Suppl):208-13.
- Pratte MA, Nanavati KB, Young V, Morley CP. J Altern Compl Med 2014;20(12):901-8.
- Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, others. JANA (Journal Am Nutraceutical Assoc) 2008;11(1):50-6.
- Chengappa KNR, Bowie CR, Schlicht PJ, others. J Clin Psychiatry 2013;74(11):1076-83.
- Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Pharmacognosy Res 2014;6(1):12-8.
- Pingali U, Fatima N, Kumar CU, Kishan PV. Int J Ayur Pharma Res 2014;2(3):22-32.
- Pingali U, Pilli R, Fatima N. Curr Topics Nutraceutical Res 2013;11(4):151-8.
Rhodiola Rosea Extract
The Rhodiola rosea plant thrives in extreme Arctic environments and has been used as an adaptogen in Europe since at least 1749.1 Its most consistent benefits are to counter fatigue, sharpen attention, increase work capacity, and generally to increase both mental and physical endurance.2,3 It also supports healthy mood management.4 Our clinical dose of rhodiola extract is standardized for its most active ingredients, 3 percent rosavins and 1 percent salidrosides, while also providing powerful antioxidant proanthocyanidins and an array of other adaptogenic substances.
- Panossian A, Wikman G, Sarris J. Phytomedicine 2010;17:481-93.
- Dwyer AV, Whitten DL, Hawrelak JA. Altern Med Rev 2010;16(1):40-9.
- Hung SK, Perry R, Ernst E. Phytomedicine 2011;18:235-44.
- Mao JJ, Xie SX, Zee J, others. Phytomedicine 2015;22(3):394-9.
Panax (Korean) Ginseng Extract
The Panax ginseng plant has been considered practically a panacea in Asia for over 2000 years.1,2 It contains a wide variety of ginsenosides (at least 40) that have numerous overlapping actions in the brain.3 In this formula they are standardized to a very high 15 percent total ginsenoside content. These are powerful antioxidants, protect brain tissue against oxygen deprivation, enhance brain circuit connectivity, and generally support the brain's adaptability versus stressful challenges.4,5 The ginsenosides also promote healthy functioning of the acetylcholine, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) and serotonin neurotransmitter systems.4 Panax ginseng consistently improves fatigue, sharpens attention, promotes healthy mood, and has calming effects that help ease occasional anxiety.4-6 A meta-analysis (pooled data analysis) of sixteen clinical trials also concluded ginseng promotes healthy blood glucose management, another very important means to promote optimal brain function.7
- Lee NH, Yoo SR, Kim HG, others. J Altern Complement Med 2012;18(11):1061-9.
- Kim HG, Cho JH, Yoo SR, others. PLoS ONE 2013;8(4):e61271 (8 pages).
- Choi J, Kim TH, Choi TY, Lee MS. PLoS ONE 2013;8(4):e59978 (14 pages).
- Reay JL, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB. J Psychopharmacol 2006;20:771-81.
- Kim HJ, Kim P, Shin CY. J Ginseng Res 2013;37(1):8-29.
- Ong WY, Farooqui T, Koh HL, others. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience 2015;7:Article 129 (13 pages).
- Shishtar E, Sievenpiper JL, Djedovic V, others. PLoS ONE 2014;9(9):e107391 (11 pages).
This vitamin-like nutrient helps brain cells make acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter.1,2 It also helps them make phosphatidylcholine, a major building block for the membrane systems they use to connect with each other. Choline is a major dietary source of methyl groups, which the brain needs for making the neurotransmitter epinephrine, the sleep hormone melatonin, and the myelin insulation of its nerve cells.3 Our neurons and all our other cells also require methyl to make and maintain their DNA, to manage their healthy gene activity (epigenetics), for growth and maintenance, regulation of potentially toxic homocysteine, and for numerous other life functions.4 Choline is essential for early brain development and for healthy cognition in adulthood.2,5 A large percentage of women, children, and older men are not receiving adequate choline in their diets,4 and the choline this supplement provides helps to fill that crucial gap.
- Zeisel SH, daCosta KA. Nutr Rev 2009;67(11):615-23.
- Zeisel SH. Clin Chem Lab Med 2013;51(3):467-75.
- Stipanuk M. Biochemical and Physiological Aspects of Human Nutrition. 2000; WB Saunders, Philadelphia.
- McGowan PO, Meaney MJ, Szyf M. Brain Res 2008;1237:12-24.
- Poly C, Massaro JM, Seshadri S, others. Am J Clin Nutr 2011;94:1584-91.
Focus and Energy works at least FOUR different ways to help you maintain freedom from fatigue and perform at your best. (1) It enhances energy and endurance—both mental and physical. (2) It promotes mental sharpness and productivity. (3) It helps counter stress and occasional anxiety. (4) It offers antioxidant and other protective effects for the brain and entire body. These recommended applications are supported by hundreds of modern research publications and thousands of years of human experience.