Are you chained to your addiction to smoking? Drinking? Sugar? Drugs? Food? Prescription painkillers? Caffeine? Internet porn? Gambling? Sex?
When you are chained by an addiction, it can ruin your life, devastate your family, destroy your relationships, derail your career, lower your grades, and make you physically ill.
Do you want to break free from your addictions?
Then you need to optimize your brain. The brain plays a central role in your vulnerability to addiction and your ability to recover. Brain dysfunction is the number-one reason why people fall victim to addiction, why they can’t break the chains of addiction, and why they relapse.
Optimizing your brain is the key to breaking free from your addictions.
Unchain Your Brain: 10 Steps to Breaking the Addictions that Steal Your Life is a practical, easy-to-follow, step-by-step program that shows you how to boost your brain so you can kick your bad habits.
In this 10-CD set, you will discover:
- How addictions get stuck in your brain, how to get them unstuck, and how to find lasting motivation to change
- Why brain imaging changes everything, even if you never get a scan
- How to get the right evaluation to ensure that you can heal from your addictions
- The six different types of addiction based on brain types: why all addicts are NOT the same and how to find the best treatment solutions for you based on your brain type
- Strategies to boost your brain to get control
- Ways to lock up the craving monster that steals your life
- Tips to eat right to think right and heal from your addiction
- How to kill the addiction ANTs that infest your brain and keep you in chains
- Ways to prevent relapse by following H-A-L-T plus brain science
- How hypnosis and meditation can help you unchain your brain, including a 12-minute meditation and a real hypnosis session done by Dr. Amen
When you have a healthy brain, it makes it so much easier to stick with a program designed to help you quit smoking, drinking, gambling, doing drugs, overeating, or whatever your addiction may be.
What people are saying about Unchain Your Brain:
“Unchain Your Brain is amazingly comprehensive, interesting to read and provides practical tools for patients and addiction professionals. Over the last five years, I have referred hundreds of patients to the Amen Clinics. I must credit Dr. Amen and his brain imaging for enhancing our ability, to more accurately, diagnose brain disorders that cause craving and addiction. SPECT imaging should ultimately become the standard of care in addiction medicine.
— Marvin “Rick” Sponaugle MD, Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, Founder and Medical Director, Sponaugle Wellness Institute & Addiction Treatment Center
"Daniel Amen and David Smith, two distinguished physician pioneers, have written a reader-friendly map of the road to recovery from addictions of all kinds. They begin with a cutting-edge understanding of the addicted brain and end with a step by step family-centered plan for getting well. This book is a treasure of science, respect, wisdom and compassion that deserves a wide readership.”
— Robert L DuPont, MD, President, Institute for Behavior and Health, Inc., and First Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)